The Music Education Programs offered by WMA are designed to serve both members of the organization’s flagship choirs and those in the broader community. With expanded offerings over the coming years, these programs help choristers explore new and engaging ways to build and strengthen their musicianship skills. Each program is devoted to provide singers with practical tools they can use in rehearsals and in future musical endeavors.
Music Education Programs
Click on a program title to learn more.
- Camp Westrick: Do you love to sing? Are you ready for an awesome music experience? This one-week choir camp features choir rehearsals and performance with some of the country’s leading children’s choir directors, workshops in musical theater, classes in drumming and ukulele, and more, all in the joyful spirit of summer.
- Poco Voce: Taught in a playful manner, children develop language, motor, creative and social skills while building readiness for more formal music training.
- Musicianship Classes: Whether you’re new or returning, our jump-start classes are an excellent way to build your music reading and ear training before the season begins!
- Handbell Sessions: Learn to play handbells while building your musicianship and music reading skills.
- Musical Theater Masterclass with Sarah Gafgen: Perform your favorite song from the Broadway stage and get expert advice from a true professional.