Our Needs Assessment Approach
We are taking a multi-step approach to assess our current state:
- Survey our current students, families and staff
- Staff Focus Group
- Music, Content, and Practices & Policies Audit
Building Our Strategic Plan
Once our needs assessment is complete, we will identify focus areas and build out a roadmap for execution based on the inputs we gathered.
Below is a summary of our accomplishments to date. For more information, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- September 2020 – Conducted a DEI Discussion & Workshop in which members of our Board of Directors, Advisory Board, Parent Association Board, and staff defined what DEI means to us as an organization and identified where we want to go.
- October 2020 – Established the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee under the governance of the WMA Board of Directors and recruited leadership and members.
- November 2020 – Kicked off and developed approach & plan.
- December 2020 – Reviewed needs assessment strategies and defined our approach.
- January 2021 – Launch needs assessment and DEI section on WMA website.