POSITION SUMMARY: Assists in a wide-range of administrative projects in operations, marketing, and development, while gaining hands-on experience in the day-to-day processes involved in arts administration. Interns also work with staff to develop a project-based assignment tailored to their experience and desired areas of growth. In addition, the Development Intern works closely with our Development Director in database management and executing on elements of the annual development plan.
2-3 Administrative Internships and 1 Development Internship available
- Arts or Arts Management majors preferred. A passion for music and the arts is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and outstanding interpersonal skills required
- Strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail are a must
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team
- Ability to work with youth and families from a variety of backgrounds required
HOURS: Part-time, approximately 3-5 hours per week for one or two semesters. Schedule during the workday is flexible based on the availability of the candidate. Monday and/or Thursday hours preferred for Development Intern position. Some other evening and weekend hours may be requested for events based on candidate availability. Summer internships also available on a part-time or full-time basis.
This is an unpaid-internship position, but college credit may be available based upon the requirements of your institution.
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume to Jobs@WestrickMusic.org and reference Administrative Intern in the subject line.
Westrick Music Academy is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization and an Equal Opportunity Employer. WMA does not discriminate in its hiring, compensation, or other employment practices on the basis of disability, race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.