POSITION SUMMARY: Assists in rehearsal management on a weekly basis and at concerts as needed. May also have project-based assignments based on experience and desired areas of growth. Reports to Executive Director, works closely with Operations Manager.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Rehearsal Coordinator’s tasks will include some or all of the following:
- Assists in management of weekly rehearsals, including tracking attendance, distributing and collecting music, and assisting directors and volunteers as needed with administrative tasks.
- Cooperate with parent volunteers in executing choir activities.
- Assist in monitoring chorister drop-off and pick-up as needed.
- Support the WMA office with music library maintenance, data collecting, database management, marketing, development, events management, etc. as needed within the schedule.
- A passion for music and the arts is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and outstanding interpersonal skills required.
- Strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail are a must.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team.
- Ability to work with youth and families from a variety of backgrounds required.
- This position requires a successful background and reference check.
HOURS: Part-time, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and/or Thursday evenings between 5:00pm and 9:00pm, depending on the day. Some other evening and weekend work may be requested for events.
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume to Jobs@WestrickMusic.org and reference Rehearsal Coordinator in the subject line.
POSITION SUMMARY: Assists in a wide-range of administrative projects in operations, marketing, and development, while gaining hands-on experience in the day-to-day processes involved in arts administration. Interns also work with staff to develop a project-based assignment tailored to their experience and desired areas of growth. In addition, the Development Intern works closely with our Development Director in database management and executing on elements of the annual development plan.
2-3 Administrative Internships and 1 Development Internship available
- Arts or Arts Management majors preferred. A passion for music and the arts is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and outstanding interpersonal skills required
- Strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail are a must
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team
- Ability to work with youth and families from a variety of backgrounds required
HOURS: Part-time, approximately 5 hours per week depending on availability for one or two semesters. Schedule during the workday is flexible based on the availability of the candidate. Monday, Wednesday, and/or Friday hours preferred for Development Intern position. Some other evening and weekend hours may be requested for events based on candidate availability. Summer internships also available on a part-time or full-time basis.
This is an unpaid-internship position, but college credit may be available based upon the requirements of your institution.
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume to Jobs@WestrickMusic.org and reference Administrative Intern in the subject line.
VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: To ensure the safety of all our staff and students, WMA requires all employees to provide proof of full vaccination with one of three FDA authorized COVID-19 vaccines (Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson). Accommodations related to medical or religious exemption will be assessed on a case-by-case basis and may be discussed with the Executive Director.
Westrick Music Academy is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization and an Equal Opportunity Employer. WMA does not discriminate in its hiring, compensation, or other employment practices on the basis of disability, race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.