Choir Coordinator (part-time)
POSITION SUMMARY: This position reports to and works with the Operations Manager to ensure that all aspects of Westrick Music Academy’s world-class choirs run smoothly. Responsibilities include coordinating rehearsals and performances and recruitmenting, training, and managing volunteers, while developing and nurturing relationships and ensuring timely communications with students and families in our choirs and education programs.
Program Management: In conjunction with Operations Manager, and in coordination with the Executive and Artistic Directors;
- Train and supervise Rehearsal Coordinators and interns.
- Work with the PGC and PBC Family Associations to recruit and manage volunteers to organize events, communicate with families, and associated tasks.
Concerts and Special Events:
- Support backstage concerns during performances and dress rehearsals to ensure a successful performance experience for the audience and choristers.
- Inform, coordinate, and manage volunteer recruitment for performances/concerts in collaboration with Family Associations.
- Support touring through managing registration, working with families, and attend to all other components as needed and/or directed.
Auditions & Registration: Help coordinate logistics for the audition and registration processes and assist the Operations Manager & Artistic Director as directed.
- Support the audition process as needed.
- Ensure all auditioned choristers are registered.
- Seek to re-enroll all existing choristers for the following year.
- Assist with the registration process for all choirs and programs.
- Assist with all tour registration processes.
Communications: Coordinate with Operations Manager to ensure that students and their families are supplied with essential operational information.
- Maintain accurate and current membership records, including student contracts and contact information.
- Manage the flow of student or parent information in a timely manner: contracts, tuition information, schedule reminders, member lists, expectations and procedures.
- Work with the Marketing & Communications Director to ensure correct and up-to-date information is reflected on the website and internal
- Send regular email communication to students and families with internal information regarding rehearsals, performances, classes, events, and other opportunities.
- Track attendance and communicate with directors and families about absences in a timely fashion.
- Assist in the recruitment and management of administrative interns.
- In conjunction with Family Associations, recruit, manage and recognize volunteers as needed for all aspects of operations.
- Manage the WMA Family Associations as the first point of contact.
- Provide training as appropriate for volunteers and support volunteers as needed at rehearsals, performances and events.
- Maintain job descriptions for volunteer staff roles.
- Act as a liaison between volunteers and program staff.
Music Library Maintenance:
- Work with Rehearsal Coordinators and Conducting Fellows to ensure distribution and collection of music as needed, cataloging, and organization of music libraries.
- Supervise Rehearsal Coordinators and Conducting Fellows to track music that is not returned
- Inform Operations Manager when the invoicing of chorister families is needed.
- Ordering music, as needed, to support the Artistic staff
- Maintain a well-organized music library,
- Support other music library tasks as needed.
Performs Other Duties As Assigned.
- Two-three years of experience in operations for a performance or presenting organization (college experience qualities).
- Knowledge of choral repertoire and performance practices with a high sense of professionalism in performance presentations.
- Problem solver with outstanding communications skills who will contribute to a positive, collegial, good-humored work atmosphere to get results in a fast-paced, high pressure, deadline-oriented environment.
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite and Patron Manager (or Salesforce) software preferred
- Experience working successfully with varied artists such as conductors, singers, music producers, talent agents, etc…
- Availability to work nights and weekends as needed for the position.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Bilingual proficiency a plus
This position is expected to work approximately 25 hours per week, Mondays through Thursdays, 3:30 – 8:30 PM. Actual hours are flexible, based on concert and rehearsal schedules, which may involve weekends and evenings. Comp time will be provided based on actual hours worked.
All new hires are required to submit to a background check.
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Responsible for bookkeeping, banking, insurance, payroll, membership and ensuring that the WMA office and facilities run smoothly. Works closely with WMA Treasurer and accountant. Reports to Executive Director.
Bookkeeping: Maintain Westrick Music Academy’s financial records, using QuickBooks, Charms, or such other recordkeeping system as may be approved by the Executive Director
- Accounts Receivable: Accounting for cash in, invoicing and other communications, journal entries, bank deposits, and charging credit cards
- Accounts Payables- Accounting for cash out, journal entries, verifying that invoices are correct, assuring that contractual labor have provided necessary information for end of year 1099s
- Monitor spending against budget and notify Executive Director and/or Treasurer of potential discrepancies
- Work closely with the Treasurer to resolve discrepancies, and review the budget on an appropriate basis as needed
- Supply financial reports as needed for grants and other projects
- Billing, collection, and tracking of student financial accounts, including all tuition tracking and management
Banking: Conduct all routine banking
- Execute bank deposits
- Execute statement reconciliations
- Monitor Certificates of Deposit, Money Market accounts, and investment portfolio and report to Executive Director as needed
Insurance: Review and monitor insurance policies, maintaining appropriate coverage for Westrick Music Academy
- Conduct regular audits of the various insurance policies as required by providers
- Manage relationships with insurance companies, including health insurance,
liability, workers comp. and D&O
- Secure insurance certificates as necessary
HR/Payroll: Provide information as needed by ADP, or such other payroll service as may be approved by the Executive Director
- Collect information on hours worked by hourly staff
- Verify information needed by payroll service to process paychecks for salaried and hourly staff
- Create 1099 and review W-2 forms as needed for new staff and contractors
- Journal the applicable gross, net, employee and employer taxes
- Serve as point of contact for WMA staff regarding payroll
- Secure necessary documentation and paperwork for incoming employees and new vendors
- Maintenance of employee files
Taxes and Audit: Provide support to accountant on audits and tax documentation required by law
- Verify and provide charts of accounts and all financial data required for
completion of tax returns and audits
- Review tax returns and audits before their filing
Office and Program Management and Support:
- Maintain office services and efficiency by implementing and maintaining office procedures, purchasing supplies, managing correspondence, and liaising with staff, vendors, subtenants, and member families
- Monitor condition of facility, acting as liaison with landlord and janitorial staff to ensure proper maintenance.
- Act as primary contact for subtenants and potential renters, working with
Executive Director to manage negotiations, sublease agreements, and provisions dictated by master lease
- Maintain the database of members, donors, and ticket buyers
- Manage membership registration in conjunction with Operations Manager
- Manage event ticketing
- Screen office visitors, phone calls, and mail as required
- Provide support at major concerts and events throughout the year
- Provide general administrative office support
- Research and purchase licenses for production of recordings, internet postings, and public performances
- Submit quarterly reports of performances to ASCAP
Performs Other Duties As Assigned.
REPORTS TO: Westrick Music Academy Executive Director
HOURS: Part-time position, 20-25 hours per week. Hybrid work schedule available.
COMPENSATION: Salary is $20-$22/hour All Westrick Music Academy employees and their immediate family members also receive half-price tuition for most WMA programs.
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume to Jobs@WestrickMusic.org and
reference Executive Director in the subject line. Closes October 1, 2023
POSITION SUMMARY: Assists in a wide-range of administrative projects in operations, marketing, and development, while gaining hands-on experience in the day-to-day processes involved in arts administration. Interns also work with staff to develop a project-based assignment tailored to their experience and desired areas of growth.
2-3 Administrative Internships available
- Arts or Arts Management majors preferred. A passion for music and the arts is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and outstanding interpersonal skills required
- Strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail are a must
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team
- Ability to work with youth and families from a variety of backgrounds required
HOURS: Part-time, approximately 5 hours per week depending on availability for one or two semesters. Schedule during the workday is flexible based on the availability of the candidate. Some other evening and weekend hours may be requested for events based on candidate availability. Summer internships also available on a part-time or full-time basis.
This is an unpaid-internship position, but college credit may be available based upon the requirements of your institution.
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume to Jobs@WestrickMusic.org and reference Administrative Intern in the subject line.
Westrick Music Academy is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization and an Equal Opportunity Employer. WMA does not discriminate in its hiring, compensation, or other employment practices on the basis of disability, race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Employee must be able to perform all essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodation.
The above statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities, and competencies necessary to perform the job’s essential duties and responsibilities. They should not be regarded as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. BBBSMC may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the organization’s needs.
To learn more about our programs, please visit westrickmusic.org